Sunday 10 July
Annual General Meeting
Members gathered at the Maids Head Hotel over cups of tea and coffee before settling down to the AGM at 18.00. It began with a warm welcome from Heather. Following apologies for absence read out by Merula, Heather presented her chairman’s report (see the AGM minutes in the members’ area of this website for more details).
Key points were:
• thanks to all who had helped organise meetings and trips during the year,
• the positive financial situation due to member donations, a generous bequest from Roger Blackburn and surpluses from events,
• thanks to Alison and Merula who were standing down from the committee for their work since its inception and to both for helping with the 2017 summer event,
• discussion of future trips and developments,
• the routine matters of approving minutes and accounts, and the unanimous election of new members of the management committee and re-election of two members retiring by rotation
There was a lot of discussion of the final item of AOB, whether AGMs should be held in London rather than in different places around the country as at present. Many members participated before we were brought to a conclusion by Heather to allow for time for drinks before dinner.